Thursday, December 5, 2013

Strange Subject for Meditation

The morning's "still life"

A carelessly folded tee-shirt and a nearly empty potato chip bag? Our drawing instructor this past fall emphasized to the class that anything could serve as the subject for a drawing and that we shouldn't be picky. Okay!

Pure contour drawing

The contour drawing done without looking at my paper went pretty well. That was encouraging. I kind of like this goony subject matter.

You'd never know what this is, would you?
Detail: shirt peeks out from under bag corner

I may have bitten off more than I could chew this morning, but the meditation part of it went very well. What I see I need to pay more attention to is proportions -- and I really got lost up in the crinkled top of the bag. But oh, well. Another morning, another drawing. It's a peaceful way to begin the winter days.


No comments:

Post a Comment